Sunday, March 3, 2013

Puerto Rico 2012

What an AMAZING trip!
Sunny skies, sandy beaches, clear blue water!
So much to see and do!


 At the airport waiting for our flight!


 On our way out to Culebra
 Eating lunch at Culebra
 Body surfing at BEAUTIFUL Flamenco Beach
 I found us a little iguana friend!
 Touching the old iguana's TAIL!
Waiting for our ferry BACK to the mainland
Took us about 4 hours to get there and about 45 minutes to get back
go FIGURE
 El Yunque National Rain Forest
This water tasted DELICIOUS


 I actually ran into someone else from Layton, Utah who was a Jazz fan
Go FIGURE
 Swinging from a vine in the rain forest
 This is me talking Holly into swimming in the big waterfall with me

 so FUN!
Everywhere you turned it was BEAUTIFUL! The scenery was like postcards no matter where you looked!
Then we went down south for some snorkeling and to go to the bio-lumiscent bay. It was so neat, it was just the four of us with our tour guide. It was raining and we paddled out into our little kayaks and then we got in and did some swimming. It was CRAZY the way the water had little sparks in it from these little dino-flagellates. It was like swimming in stars (cheesy I know but seriously so AWESOME!)
 Beach Day

Next we went to Old San Juan followed by dinner with some of the most delicious pizza I have EVER tasted!
 Next we went ziplining in the rain forest!!
My first time ziplining (well besides the one Dave built in our yard)
Nothing too extreme, it was still pretty fun. The guys who took us were HILARIOUS!



 My war paint has faded


 
 Last day :(
On our way out to Isla Icacos
Our own island :)

I was trying to climb the tree to fetch a lovely bunch of coconuts :)
Last tasty meal in Puerto Rico
On our way home
What a glorious trip! I got to brush up on my spanish and I had such an awesome time!
Thanks Karla, Holly, and Jedydyah!

No comments: